Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: San Francisco Super8mm Militia Meeting

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Konton's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2000
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    For all those living around the Bay Area who are interested in Super 8mm guerrilla filmmaking, I am looking to start up a Super 8mm group called the "Super8mm Militia." We will hold two meetings this month in the SOMA district of San Francisco:

    Sunday, October 13th from 2:00pm to 5:00pm
    Sunday, October 27th from 2:00pm to 5:00pm

    The first meetings will mainly be about the objectives of the group. I'm sure many of us have projects we'd like to do, but need help getting them accomplished. I'd like to see the group help each other in this process.

    If you own any film equipment you'd like to show, please feel free to bring it with you. Also if you have completed a film, and would like to show it, or have it transferred to VHS or miniDV, I'm sure everyone would love to see your work. If you do want it transferred, remember to bring a tape.

    Other than this, I have a few short 16mm films (not mine) some people might want to see as ideas for doing some film projects. Plus for those who have not seen it, we will show "10-Minute Film School" by Robert Rodriguez. If anyone else has something they would do at the meeting please let me know. Perhaps by the meeting on the 27th, we can plan something to shoot. After all, there has to be something worth shooting in San Francisco.

    Those interested in attending please contact me ASAP. I will add you to the list of attendees and will send you instructions of how to get to the meeting. See you there!

    Justin K. Miller
    [email protected]
    http://www.super8mm.org

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Konton's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2000
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    6 days left! Actually I'm just trying to keep this message up top.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Konton's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2000
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sunday is almost here. Please let me know if you plan to attend.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Matt Pacini's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2001
    Posts
    567
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So Justin, L.A. didn't work out, eh?
    Was the job scene too dim, or did you just get fed up?
    It took me about a year, before I got to where I didn't hate L.A.
    I actually got to like some things about it... then the earthquake hit... then the riots... then i got my face slashed open... (I wish I were kidding about all this!)

    Matt Pacini

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Greg Crawford's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2002
    Posts
    603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Did you ever stop to think that with a name of
    "Super8mm Militia," the NSA is probably watching your every post!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Konton's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2000
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Hey man, what can I say. I love San Francisco. And I don't love Los Angeles. But it's a great city to work in for film. I'm sure if I was there right now I'd have a job. As for the name of the group, I'm sure the NRA will help us out with the NSA. *grin*

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Matt Pacini's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2001
    Posts
    567
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by bossjock-dp:
    Did you ever stop to think that with a name of
    "Super8mm Militia," the NSA is probably watching your every post!
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>


    Oh, I'm sure with us being at "war" (even though we haven't declared war, and won't, even after bombs start to drop...), on terrorism, the NSA is listening in on the entire population's internet traffic.
    They now have an excuse to ignore the constitution. You know, because things are different now that we've been attacked on our soil (even though the framers of the constitution wrote that document while the most powerful military force (Brittain) was on their soil, and they even burned the White House!) Things are not so different... in fact, not as bad.

    Jeez... Don't get me started!


    Matt Pacini

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Konton's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2000
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The next meeting is on the 27th from 2-5pm! Please contact me if you plan yo attend! [email protected].

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •